Our commercial and civil law team provide you with a broad experience across business, building, tax, contracts and litigation. Whether you are starting a business and looking for legal advice, looking for a lawyer to assist with business guidance, commercial litigation, or planning to buy or sell a business, our team of commercial lawyers can help.
We have sound experience across many different industries. We offer practical legal solutions to individuals, small businesses and SMEs. Our Principal Anthony Murdoch, and Lawyers Molly Kenyon and Rebecca DeFazio are supported by Michelle Greenhalgh, Priya Chopra and Louisa Ewart, as well as the other departments of Patten Robins when required. Our team of commercial lawyers offer the following legal services:
- Business structures and contracts: If you are establishing a new business enterprise we can help you make sure that you are setting the business up soundly, whether by partnership, joint venture, company, trust or franchise. If you’re looking to restructure your business we can help with partnership dissolutions and corporate restructures. Our commercial lawyers can prepare or review all types of legal contracts including purchase or sale of a business, Put and Call Options, franchise agreements, supply agreements, service agreements, distribution agreements, partnership agreements, and commercial contracts. We’ll make sure that the contract terms and conditions are suitable for your business now and into the future, and ensure that due diligence standards are met.
- Commercial disputes, litigation and Corporations Act matters: We offer dispute resolution services and business litigation covering a wide range of problems including breach of contract, building and property disputes, debt recovery, copyright infringement, partnership disputes and corporations law. We can also with assist with shareholders agreements, advice on corporate governance, and documenting company administrations.
- Franchises: If you’re looking to buy into a franchise we can help you go through the franchise agreement and franchisor disclosure documents to make sure that you are aware of all of the issues that could make or break your new business.
- Copyright, trademarks and patents: We can help you manage and enforce your intellectual property rights, including litigation where needed. We can also help you with registering designs, patents and trademarks.
- Building, Property and leasing: We are experienced residential and commercial constructions and development lawyers. We can also assist with retail leasing and commercial leasing for both landlords and tenants and sale or purchase of commercial property.
- Workplace and employment: We can draw up or review employment contracts and workplace agreements as well as assist with disputes and unfair dismissals. We can also assist with occupational health and safety issues.
- Bankruptcy and insolvency: We can assist with the entire process of recovering money owed to you from an initial Letter of Demand through to Statement of Claim and Court Judgment, and enforcement.
- Taxation and finance: We can draft and review mortgages, guarantees, charges and other securities documentation as well as advise in regard to GST, Capital Gains and Land Tax.
- Business succession and asset protection: You need a plan in place to make sure that your business and personal assets are protected. We can work with your business and family to devise a plan that keeps your hard-won assets safe through a unit, discretionary and family trusts, Wills and/or Powers of Attorney.